Instead of sleeping in for my 12:15 class, I got my butt up for 7:30 to run with my friend. Over 2 miles counting our warm up and cool down. As you could see, I’m very happy. This day is automatically going to be great by default.
Now I shall shower, go to breakfast, math, Spanish, lunch, then spend time with my lover boy. I’m SO ready to take on this busy semester and prove to myself that I can live an active healthy lifestyle while going to school, working, and having a social life.
Just because I haven’t blogged in awhile doesn’t mean I’ve given up, I’m just getting started. ;)
I get distracted so darn easily and forget to blog! :( I’ll admit, this entire week was far from healthy. PMS, stress eating, yadda yadda excuses excuses. Despite some negatives there are certainly far more positives!
1. Got my car on Monday! 2000 Saturn LS1, clean as new, smooth ride, perfect size… I love it.
2. I go back to school in a week! Thank god!
3. Went for my license (FINALLY) today and passed with a perfect score!
4. Spent the rest of my evening doing something I’ve always wanted to do, run errands for myself! May sound pathetic, but I have craved this independence and freedom for so incredibly long. I listed everywhere I went in paragraph form but it looked all over the place so here’s some bullets:
- Saver’s (like a Goodwill only more organized/cleaner/better) to put a $50 gift certificate to use where I got some jeans, tanks, workout tops, and a couple of seemingly new binders for school.
- Staples for school supplies
- Bed Bath & Beyond to use a gift card (got a cork board and hanging closet shelves)
- The mall to go to Sally’s where I got some supplies to trim, dye, and tone my own hair. (lord help me..)
- Ate dinner by myself at Panera. (1/2 Mediterranean veggie, 1/2 Caesar salad)
5. When I got home from this eventful day I had a package waiting for me from bodybuilding.com! I didn’t end up buying the huge bundle of supplements I posted about earlier in the week. Instead I decided to start with the basics. Chocolate whey protein powder, Multi-Vitamins, and Fish Oil capsules. (All Optimum brand) I am so antsy to use everything, which is giving me even more incentive to kick my butt back into gear. Also, alongside the supps I bought a new shaker bottle and lifting gloves. :)
So much going on! I can’t wait to get back on track.
My house is in serious need of groceries. I made a two egg omelette for breakfast with cheese, and since I was lacking toast I used a whole wheat bun left over from my birthday cookout. Easy, tasted good, can’t complain. :)
Now I have to get ready for my last 2 hour road lesson before going for my license on Tuesday. Kind of nervous, but at the same time very confident!
Thanks to Claire for recommending it to me! I’ve been doing loads of research within the past week and began creating a plan for myself this evening using the template from the above link. It will be a three day, full body routine with focus on various types of body movements. (horizontal & vertical pulls/pushes, flexion, extention, etc.) Just need to fine-tune some things and it’ll be good to go. :) Can I have my car and be at school right now so I can go to the gym, please? 12 days to go!
I am spending half of my birthday money on a bunch of supplements. Perhaps I am crazy? Or maybe I am just too excited to get back to school and get serious about lifting? Regardless I am not regretting this purchase one bit.
I made some simple pancakes for breakfast that came out absolutely delicious.
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 a banana
- 4 egg whites
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- Pinch of baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Blue agave nectar
- Crushed roasted almonds
- 3 chopped strawberries
water water water water
Being at home with no gym membership… really stinks. I want to lift, squat, ache, eat, repeat. When I get back to school I am living in a dorm with a gym on the bottom floor. Which seems pretty awesome right? As awesome as it will be for getting in my runs… there is only cardio equipment, machines, and a row of dumbbells…and it doesn’t open until after 10am. I am thinking about getting a membership at a Planet Fitness near campus. Mainly because I’d like to be an early bird and get my workouts in before class, and because I really want to start lifting seriously. I want to take my body to a completely different level, and the campus gym will not help me with that process. If I got the membership I’d only be sacrificing $10 dollars a month. I think it will all be worth it.
So I have this KILLER headache right now, it’s been around for about an hour. I was confused as to what it was from and then I started to think about what I ate today. My cereal concoction this morning probably had between 30-35 carbs, and then my salad with tuna for lunch had easily less than 5. Then I didn’t eat until I got home from work at around 9:40. Luckily I had sushi for dinner so that will definitely help if this headache really is from low glucose.
The point of this post is…. I ate differently today than I normally do. I need to not repeat a day like this, eat more frequently throughout the day, and be sure to not neglect those precious carbs.
And now I am going to close my laptop because this screen is aggravating this darn headache. Goodnight!
I am very happy with how far my body has come this summer. Every day I progress forward and it feels great to see how much I have transformed in 3 months!